Dulcians in the Museo de la Catedral and
in the Convento de la Encarnacion, Avila
|Museo de la Catedral
||Convento de la Encarnacion
The Cathedral in Avila contains two dulcians:
- An alto dulcian, total length 49.7 cm, marked MELCHOR.
- A bass dulcian in very bad condition, probably originally
covered by leather.
The Convento de la Encarnacion in Avila contains one
- A bass dulcian, total length 97.2 cm, marked SELM. The top
of the small bore is lined with metal.
Literature / sources:
- Galpin Society Journal 1986 pp29-34. B. Kenyon de Pascual,
A provisional checklist of Spanish 16th- and 17th-century curtals.
- Galpin Society Journal 2000 pp87-116. B. Kenyon de Pascual,
A further updated review of the Dulcians (Bajón and Bajoncillo)
and their music in Spain.
- Josep Borràs, private information.
Remarks and comment to: Hans
© Copyright 1998-2002 by Hans Mons.
Last updated on 10 September 2002