Dulcians in the Monastery Church, El Escorial
The Monastery church in El Escorial contains three dulcians:
- A bass dulcian, about 95 cm long. Marked MELCHOR RS.
- A bass dulcian, total length 97.2 cm. Marked SELM. The top
of the small bore is lined with metal.
- A bass dulcian, total length 92.6 cm. Marked ROMERO.
Literature / sources:
- Galpin Society Journal 1986 pp29-34. B. Kenyon de Pascual,
A provisional checklist of Spanish 16th- and 17th-century curtals.
- Josep Borràs, private information.
Remarks and comment to: Hans
© Copyright 1998-2002 by Hans Mons.
Last updated on 10 September 2002