Dulcians in the Maximilian Museum, Augsburg
Philippine Welser Straße 24
|Tel: +49 821 324
Fax: +49 821 324 4105
The Maximilian Museum in Augsburg contains six dulcians:
- 3017 is a left handed Alto with 6 finger holes on the
front, 2 on the back and one side hole. About 43 cm long.
- 3016 is a Tenor
- 3015 is a Bass, length 987 mm, keys for F and D.
- 3014 is a Bass, length 992 mm, keys for F and D, marked
- 3013 is a two piece Quart Bass marked HIERO.S. with keys
for C and AA. The two pieces are glued together. Total length 1275 mm.
- 3012 is a three piece Octave Bass marked HIERO.S. Total
length 1882 cm. Keys for FF, EE, DD and CC.
- FoMRHI Quarterly 74, January 1994, Comm 1224. Graham
Lyndon-Jones, Augsburg revisited.
- FoMRHI Quarterly 75, April 1994, Comm 1257. Erich Tremmel,
The Curtals of the Maximilianmuseum Augsburg.
- FoMRHI Quarterly 77, October 1994, Comm 1305. Graham
Lyndon-Jones, Four Great Curtals.
- Maggie Kilbey. Curtal, Dulcian, Bajon: A History of the
Precursor to the Bassoon, 2002.
Remarks and comment to: Hans
© Copyright 1998-2007 by Hans Mons.
Last updated on 10 September 2007